The Trail: Pitso Leaves Beloved Downs
Posted: 30 September 2020
South Africa woke up to the most shocking news in world football when one of the most successful coaches in the history of the South African Premier Soccer League, Pitso Jingles John Hamilton Mosimane resigned from his role.
The Beautiful Game takes an in-depth look into events that happened in this historic day;
- On the 21st of May this year, Dr. Patrice Motsepe announced a new four-year, lucrative deal for his manager Pitso Mosimane, taking him through to the proposed 2024, June the 30th.
- Six months later, on the 5th of September 2020, Jingles guides his beloved club to an historic victory, the La Decima, their 10th PSL trophy.
- A week later, the team lifts a domestic treble at the Orlando Stadium after winning 1-0 against Bloemfontein Celtics, however, with controversy as left-back Tebogo ‘Hananaha’ Langerman appears on the bench for a match he should have been suspended.
- On the 25th of September, Sundowns appear at the PSL’s Disciplinary Committee, where they were subsequently found guilty and heavily fined. The club’s President, Dr. Patrice Motsepe, The Board, and the coach apologize for the error that occurred and vow to never repeat the same incident again.
- On the last of September, Mosimane announces that he resigns from the club and thanks everyone associated with the team; The President, the Board, his technical staff, the players and souls of the club – the fans at large.
The Beautiful Game has gathered that he is due in Egypt before the end of this week to continue discussions at Ah Ahly, where there is a vacancy of a head coach role.
We also understand that Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca have registered their interest in the charasmatic gaffer, however, The Red Devils are leading the race for the Mogale City-born tactician.
Selebalo Karabo Phasha.